2013/08/08

Reproaches you get as a vegan and what to respond

Your nutrition is unhealthy.
You have no idea what I eat, so you can't know anything about my health. I do have to care about my sustenance but once I accept that fact and mind my iron, protein and calcium requirements, I probably live more healthily than you.

Your nutrition is unnatural.
Just like my hair color, my homosexuality, my heater and my smartphone. I said goodbye to Stone Age and hello to civilization. When will you?

If you don't want to eat meat, then why do you eat products that fake meat like tofu sausages?
It's not that I'm against meat in general. In fact, I really like the taste of meat. I simply don't like that the process of bringing the meat onto my plate includes a lot of animal suffering. Tofu sausages can be on my plate without having caused any harm to any being. 

Are you one of those crazy, unworldly lunatics?
Nope. Are you?

A plant is a living being, too! Do you realize how cruel you are eating plants?! 
Now you think you're funny, huh?

Some people also confront you with the accusation that veganism was bad for the environment because, for instance, the soy production would be one of the main reasons for the deforestation of the rain forest or something. I plan to write a respond for this, too, but I need to do some more research on this topic to be able to present you a proper overview of  the actual state of affairs.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 PM

    since when is homosexuality unnatural?
    and what is this blogpost supposed to do - anyone can come up with answers like the last one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.

      Of course, I agree with you that homosexuality isn't unnatural. However, when it comes to sexuality (or, in this case, nutrition) people sometimes think that something is only natural if it helps to survive and procreate. It is often forgotten that a human being can love and have compassion and behave morally. This is what disturbs me when people come up with the second reproach.

      I hope I could explain my opinion in an understandable way. I'm sorry if you didn't like the last answer. ;-)

      Delete